As an artist passionate about capturing the essence of wildlife through my drawings, I am thrilled to share the exciting news that one of my artworks has been selected for the prestigious Salon National des Artistes Animaliers de Bry-sur-Marne.
This annual event celebrates the incredible talents of artists who specialize in animal art, and I am honored to be a part of it. In this blog article, I'd like to take you on a journey through the creation of my selected artwork, "Baby Gorilla," and share the inspiration and techniques that brought it to life.
Every artwork has a story behind it, and "Baby Gorilla" is no exception. This piece was inspired by my deep fascination with gorillas, a creature that has always held a special place in my heart. I wanted to capture its grace, beauty, and it's one of my most loved animal to draw.
Creating "Baby Gorilla" was a labor of love that involved meticulous planning, attention to detail, and a passion for wildlife art.
Here's a glimpse into my creative process:
- Research: I began by immersing myself in extensive research about gorillas and reference photos that appealed to me.
- Preliminary compositions: I started with experimenting with different compositions, poses, and perspectives until I found the one that resonated most with me, and one that could work really well with the concept of my series "Wild Encounters".
- Fine-tuning: With the chosen composition in mind, I moved on to the detailed drawing phase. This is where the magic happens. I carefully rendered each element, paying close attention to the intricate details that make this gorilla unique.
- Bringing it to life: To breathe life into my artwork, I used a combination of graphite pencils and tools like blending sticks, brush, and different types of erasers. These choices allowed me to capture the texture, light, and depth of the gorilla in a way that felt both realistic and emotive.
- Adding a personal touch: While staying true to the subject's natural beauty, I added my own artistic flair, infusing the artwork with my unique style and perspective. In the case of my series "Wild Encounters", I added an optical effect to engage more.
Through "Baby Gorilla," I aim to convey a deeper message—one that celebrates the awe-inspiring beauty of wildlife and the importance of conserving our natural world. I believe that art has the power to connect people with nature in a profound way, inspiring them to appreciate, protect, and preserve the magnificent creatures that share our planet.
Being selected for the Salon National des Artistes Animaliers is a tremendous honor and a testament to my dedication to wildlife art. I hope that "Baby Gorilla" resonates with viewers, inspiring them to connect with nature on a deeper level and join the effort to protect our planet's precious wildlife.